Sunday 6 July 2014

AWAKE, O SLEEPER

I scale the heights of knowledge,
I soar the realm of wisdom.
I call upon Truth, and lay bare my desire for perception.
To see not as in the physical,
But to perceive with my mind's eye; To live
In that never ending world of possibilities
The re- awakening of that that slumbered during the fall
At the Garden of Eden.

A whisper inside of me tells me
That only Truth shall set me free. The Whisper,
My intuition.
That small still; the voice of reason,
The whisper of Truth. Clear as the singing nightingale,
" Awake, oh sleeper..." Yet I continue
In my slumber.
Ignorant of the latent power that lay dormant
In my person; the subconscious mind,
The God in me and within me.
Eternal and Immortal,
Truth Pure Truth; the best of the best
My gift I carry, Yet continues I,
Ignorant
I slumber, unawares of the
Latent God- like power
The All I Am.
                     Joe Mwai.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful but too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete