Sunday 24 November 2013

THE SECRET OF ABOUNDING HAPPINESS, A POEM NY JAMES ALLEN


I am inspired by the following poem by my inspirational teacher, James Allen, he says:


I followed happiness to make her mine,
Past towering oak and swinging ivy vine.
She fled. I chased, o'er slanting hill and dale,
O'er fields and meadows, in the purpling vale;
Pursuing rapidly o'er dashing stream.
I scaled the dizzy cliffs where eagles screams;
I traversed swiftly every land and sea,
But always happiness eluded me.

Exhausted, fainting, I pursued no more,
But sank to rest upon a barren shore,
One came and asked for food, and one for alms;
I placed the bread and gold in bony palms,
One came and asked for sympathy, and one for rest;
I shared with every needy one my best;
When, lo! sweet Happiness, with form divine,
Stood by me, whispering softly, "I am thine."

No comments:

Post a Comment